Sylvia has 20 years of experience assisting companies in improving work performance. Her key capabilities are in the areas of change management planning and implementation, process improvements, organizational development, communication, strategic facilitation, and customized training. Sylvia’s professional skills as a Change Leader, Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, and Instructional Designer positions her to lead complex change projects.
Key organizational change management (OCM) skill areas:
- Change strategy in alignment with company goals and performance metrics
- Change Readiness / Employee Readiness Assessments
- Stakeholder: surveys, management, and collaboration
- SME management
- Performance improvements
- Process improvement; process alignment
- Communication planning and implementation; employee engagement
- Advanced application of change management to complex and unique changes
- Leadership in behavioral change
- Strategic and decision-making meeting planning and facilitation
- Change Roll-Out Planning and implementation
- Customized design and delivery of training
- Project management
- Leadership coaching
Areas of Expertise:
Sylvia has worked with a broad range of customers across multiple industries including healthcare, government, public transportation, finance, global manufacturing, petroleum, retail, pharmaceuticals and professional services.
She has led change management and PMO teams in various change initiatives: mergers & acquisitions, ERP implementations, launch of new lines of products and services, consolidation of people and facilities, and enterprise-wide process changes.
Sylvia has experience leading change programs in: Argentina, Slovakia, Canada, Chile, England, Poland, Scotland, Spain, and The Netherlands. Sylvia has also led virtual teams in: Australia, Canada, England, India, Kuala Lumpur, and Singapore.
As a management consultant Sylvia has worked with the following customers:
Accenture, Alcon Labs (Novartis), Baylor HealthCare, Bell Helicopter/Textron, British Government, CBRE, DaVita, Deloitte, EMCare, Ericsson, FBI, Frito-Lay, Halliburton, Lockheed Martin Aero, Lockheed Martin Missiles, Multi-Care Health System, NASA, Neiman Marcus, PepsiCo, Roche-Genentech Pharmaceutical, Schlumberger, Skilled Healthcare, The State of Texas, Trinity Metro, Texas Instruments, Verizon, and Whirlpool Corporation.
Education and Training:
Sylvia received his Bachelor of Science degree from Mississippi State University and a Master of Science degree from Texas A&M University. She also attended the University of Aberdeen – Kings College Aberdeen, Scotland Graduate Studies: Human Performance.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Master Trainer: Crucial Conversations, Crucial Accountability, The Art of Feedback, The Leader’s Window, The Six Thinking Hats, Leader as Coach, Facilitation Skills Workshop for Green Belt and Black Belt, Lockheed Martin “Leadership Fundamentals Program,” Accenture “How We Consult,” Deloitte “Business Chemistry.”
Sylvia has been a speaker at the APTA national conference, the FBI Academy, and several FBI leadership retreats.