Mike Krizman is a senior level Human Resource professional with extensive experience in multi-site domestic and global organizations with both union and nonunion environments. His background includes HR leadership positions in: consumer and B2B foods; metal fabrication and machining; basic metals and heat treating; plastics and injection molding; automotive parts; commercial products; and, distribution services. Experienced in all aspects of Human Resources, Mike is exceptionally strong designing strategic HR management systems to address the overwhelming number of changes impacting an organization and its’ people.
Areas of Expertise:
Mike has a demonstrated record of success building and reengineering the Human Resource function. He transforms them into a strategic resource, dedicated to creating value by delivering cost effective solutions to maximize employee performance; minimize employer liability; and, achieve profitable performance and growth. This is accomplished using a structured process to create strategic HR initiatives which lead to superior outcomes in support of the business plan.
Scope of Experience:
As an HR professional, Mike began his career as a Plant HR Generalist and progressed through a number of increasingly responsible positions including assignments at the division, group and corporate levels. Using both his diverse functional and industry experience, Mike has provided retained, interim and project based consulting services to firms engaged in: manufacturing; distribution; transportation; construction; professional services; government; and, education.
Mike has worked with various organizations to help them resolve issues impacting their business and human resources. Outlined below is a sampling of projects to illustrate some of the ways Mike can be of assistance.
- Engaged by Agricultural Parts manufacturer to lead and reorganize the HR function; mentor the incumbent; and, represent the company on all HR matters, including labor negotiations.
- Conducted organization and labor relations assessment between Automotive Truck Transporter and Machinists Union with recommendations utilized as basis for adopting changes at respective terminals.
- Introduced executive and exempt compensation system and consolidated multiple group health, welfare and retirement benefits into a single plan for Bakery Products Company.
- Created tools and systems for Performance and Talent Management Processes and led development of company-wide loss control and safety program for Plastic Injection Molder.
- Provided tools and techniques for planning and initiating business unit integrations and facility closures for Food Ingredient Company leadership team.
- Created HR due diligence tools for Electronic Components Manufacturer; managed HR due diligence process and data room; and, prepared risk analysis for go/no go decision and post-acquisition issues.
Education and Training:
Mike received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Indiana University and his Master of Science in Industrial Relations from Loyola University of Chicago.
Honors, Awards and Special Accomplishments:
As part of a comprehensive change initiative, Mike led the development and implementation of a 4-day Leadership Academy and 24-hour Team Skills Training program to address company-wide organizational barriers and enhance individual accountability. More than 700 executives and managers participated in the Academy with 7000 North American employees receiving Team Skills training. As a result, a group of businesses brought together via acquisition, became a cohesive organization with common goals, objectives and avenues of communication.
Principal – Krizman Consulting
Vice President Human Resources – CSMnv Bakery Supplies North America
Vice President Human Resources – United Plastics Group
Vice President Human Resources – Dana Brake and Chassis
Vice President Human Resources – Juke Union Special
Vice President Human Resources – WR Grace Baker & Taylor Video
Manager Recruitment & College Relations – General Mills
Plant Human Resource Manager – General Mills
Manager Personnel Systems – General Mills
Assistant Plant Personnel Manager – General Mills
Plant Personnel Manager – American Can US Reduction