- September 18, 2013
- Posted by: admin
- Category: Quality
“Aerospace Quality System Flies ProSource in New Directions”
ProSource Industries located in Grand Prairie Texas is a contract manufacturer of wiring harnesses from discrete assemblies to electro-mechanical and all types of mil-spec cable assemblies. In business for over 21 years and employing 60, ProSource is a designated Veteran owned small business. They serve a nationwide customer base whose O.E.M. industries include telecommunications, computer, video games and recreational equipment, complex technical equipment and heavy industrial equipment among many others.
ProSource Industries was looking to diversify its position in the wiring harness marketplace. Before the organization could make any decisions on which direction to move, they needed a plan … And Mike White with TMAC helped ProSource plan for success.
- Strategic plan: Complete the market evaluation, SWOT, mission, vision, values, etc. … draft objectives based on the information gathered to plan for growth. Objective link to Operations Reviews, Sales Reviews, and Finical Reviews.
- Operation Review: Mike White sits in on all of ProSource’s operation reviews to keep the reviews focused and productive.
- 5S Implementation: Use lean concepts to improve productivity.
TMAC met with management on a regular basis working with various departments to align short and long term goals. Old documentation was reviewed, amended and totally rebuilt. The 4 hour weekly management team meeting included, operations, inventory management, production, sales and marketing and of course the quality department.
TMAC also worked with ProSource to learn how to effectively measure and evaluate process performances and make calculated adjustments to continually improve.
ProSource says Mike White has been indispensable in working with them on their system holistically to gain more business and market share.
New measurement systems track an incredible amount of information. Now they can even measure the effectiveness of personnel training and professional development.
This leads to more cross-training and promotions. ProSource is also becoming adept at measuring and managing risk such as reasonable lead times and capacity forecasting/planning. Multiple management meetings are now consolidated into once per month reviews that are both efficient and effective.
Quantifiable impacts of the AS 9100 project with TMAC includes:
- 30% increase in on time delivery
- Lean efficiencies allow ProSource to earn business back from Mexico to the tune of $700K in new business
- Created 7 new jobs last year
- Increased first pass yields to 99.65%
- Increase production productivity by 30%