Jason Farley is a highly skilled program manager and organizational performance expert with extensive experience in project and operations leadership. Jason works with leaders, managers and stakeholders to create value and achieve operational objectives and strategic goals.
Areas of Expertise:
Project and Program Management – PMO and operational PM in manufacture, IT, financial, automotive, BPO, consulting industries across product and service lines; practiced in predictive (waterfall) and Agile (iterative, incremental and adaptive) methods
Operational Excellence – Lean Manufacturing and transactional applications, Six Sigma program and projects, business process management (BPM) and modeling applications, management systems assessment, development and implementation including ISO 9000/17025/14001, IATF 16949, AR 50-1&6, ITIL.
Strategic Management – Business planning, strategy deployment, Hoshin Kanri, business modeling
Organization Development – Training program and systems development; change leadership and management; communication system assessment and development
Scope of Experience:
Jason started his career in manufacturing quality and has been actively involved in Lean and Six Sigma work since the early 1990s. He has transcended industry sectors and applied his skills in transactional operations such as business process outsourcing, financial operations and software development. Since early in his career, Jason has also made it a point to apply his practical knowledge and experience to training others, most notably in the areas of Project Management and Six Sigma, delivering programs in academic, corporate and government settings.
Aside from teaching, Jason has enjoyed a long career as a process, project and program management consultant. Among some of the highlights of his career are:
- Developed a physical Lean simulation for Microsoft Dynamics AX application for a high mix high volume manufacturer that was used by the client and as a marketing tool for the organization
- UT System Project Partnering Facilitator for numerous large construction projects across Texas.
- Project manager, World Bank project with McKinsey & Co. in Baghdad, Iraq for Ministry of Industry & Minerals; objective – revitalize Iraqi economy through SOE restructuring and strategic business planning
- Invited to take a team to Japan to participate in Yazaki’s Annual Quality Control Circle competition and tour affiliate plants across the country
- Member of handpicked TQM team responsible for regaining Yazaki’s Ford Q1 status. Developed and implemented QMS compliant with Chrysler, Toyota and other automotive OEM requirements
- Lead auditor or consultant for several successful ISO/TS QMS certification bids
- Project manager for Zain (mobile in Baghdad, IQ; process improvement, MENA wireless services provider
- Developed a biosurety and chemical surety program assessment tool and management system standard used at US Army Medical Research Institutes for Infectious Diseases and Chemical Defense
- ASQ Education Chair
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management, Park University
- ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt (CSSBB)
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
Honors, Awards and Special Accomplishments:
- Acknowledged contributor to:
- How to Implement Lean Manufacturing, 2nd Edition, Lonnie Wilson, 2015, McGraw Hill
- Lean Refining: How to Improve Performance in the Oil Industry, Lonnie Wilson, 2017, Industrial Press
- Coauthored a white paper: “Lean Manufacturing in the Oil Refinery”
SLMM International Consultants
Rocky Mountain Mortgage Co.
Yazaki North America
Plastic Engineered Components